- Best Bluetooth Speaker Reviews
- Golf Bluetooth Speaker with Mount, Ampcaddy Version 3
- Celtic Blu Tallboy Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Ultimate Ears BOOM 3
- Puma Sound Chuck
- JBL Xtreme Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Bose SoundLink Micro Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST Portable Waterproof Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Speaker
- Amazon Basics Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- And The Best Golf Cart Bluetooth Speaker Is…
If you are one that enjoys listening to music on the golf course, you want a great Bluetooth speaker that is easily portable and will carry a charge for your entire round.
The best Bluetooth speaker for golf carts has excellent sound quality, is wireless, and is waterproof. I searched and found a variety of Bluetooth speakers you can use during your next round.
Let’s check out what I would consider the “Top Contenders” for tunes on the green:
Best Bluetooth Speaker Reviews
Golf Bluetooth Speaker with Mount, Ampcaddy Version 3
The Ampcaddy is for those golfers who like having a bit of light music playing. It’s also for those who like to keep up with the latest news, and stock trends between strokes, or while walking the green.
This portable device will fit onto any golf cart frame or any shaft with a diameter of a half-inch to two inches wide.
With a battery life that will last for about two rounds of golf, depending on volume, it has a speaker system that is made for outdoor trajectory with the bass that goes with it.
The best part of the Ampcaddy is the ability to take it with you to any social gathering.
Though the speakers are made for the outdoors, the directional part of the design limits quality. The connectivity seems to disconnect at the same distance of ten to twelve yards away from your cell phone, even though it is designed to pick up at a maximum distance of forty yards.
A quick summary of why you should get one for yourself:
- This system will give you pure sound with a bass that is extraordinary for outdoor play
- The 2-inch bass resonator boosts out a whopping 15 watts of power
- The device will securely fit any golf or pushcart and shafts with diameters of half-inch to two-inches
- Though limiting the sound, because of the 180° Swivel for Directional Audio outdoors, the speaker system does deliver a pure crystal-clear sound
- It has a battery life of up to twenty hours
- Connects via Bluetooth with a wireless connectivity range of 100 yards
- It has a 2-year warranty and is IPX7 certified waterproof
Celtic Blu Tallboy Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Don’t you love to listen to music while on the golf course? Who wouldn’t like to enjoy some tunes while playing their favorite sport? However, not just any tiny speaker is going to do, especially not a subpar phone speaker.
Isn’t it about time you get an upgrade on your golf cart Bluetooth speaker?
The Celtic Blu Tallboy Portable Bluetooth Speaker offers you a unique experience. It combines high-quality sound and amazing durability. You can set this up to enjoy listing to music basically anywhere you wish.
Here are just some of the Celtic Blu speaker’s features and benefits:
- 360-Degree Audio – This is ideal for outdoor use
- 16W Power – There’s enough volume to allow you to hear your music above the various outdoor noise
- A wireless connection with a range of up to 100 feet
- 6000mAh Battery – This provides you with 30 hours of battery life
- FM Radio features a built-in antenna
- Power Bank – This can be used to charge other devices as well
- Bike Mount – It withstands 44 PSI and can be adjusted 180 degrees without losing its shape
- Durable, including features that make it shockproof, stain-resistant, and waterproof
- Microphone – Lets you make clear hands-free calls
- TF Card Slot – Includes 32GB of storage and is compatible with WMA/MP3/FLAC/WAV
The Celtic Blu Tallboy Portable Bluetooth speaker also comes with a 3.5mm Auxiliary cable, USB cable, remote controller, and carabiner clip. This is the most versatile speaker we’ve reviewed.
Ultimate Ears BOOM 3
Ultimate Ears BOOM 3 is a portable, waterproof, Bluetooth speaker made for those who love to get out. The 360-degree surround sound technology offers perfectly balanced listening.
The BOOM 3 speaker can take a beating.
It is dustproof, waterproof, and does not break when dropped. Whether you are taking it on the golf course, to the beach, or on a hike, the BOOM 3 is the perfect portable speaker to bring along.
The latest Magic Button lets you play your favorite songs, pause when you need a break, and skip when you want to hear something different. Its unique shimmery fabric adds a fresh and exciting look. Go anywhere with Ultimate Ears BOOM 3.
- 360 Surround Sound
Puma Sound Chuck
I decided to review the Puma Sound Chuck because many people suggested it. A guy I play with regularly said it is hands down the best bluetooth speaker for golf cart. He also drinks during our rounds so he often says a lot of things.
When I took the Puma Sound Chuck out of the box, it was smaller than expected. But then again, it had a sturdy feel to it, so I wasn’t too worried. I quickly paired it with my iPhone XS Max for some quick bluetooth connectivity. After receiving it, the power bank was depleted as the rechargeable battery wasn’t fully charged for extended play time.
It has a strong magnetic clip on the end, but the magnet is crappy. I tried to stick it on my refrigerator, and it slipped entirely down to the floor. So, I automatically knew that it wouldn’t work on my golf cart.
Next, the clip wasn’t long enough. It should have been about 2 inches longer so that it could at least wrap around something else and clip. It’s too short to wrap around anything else. Also, the clip itself is too little to attach to a golf cart windshield. However, you could attach it to a towel or golf bag. Usually, I toss it into the center of the golf cart’s dashboard.
Although the Puma Sound Chuck has decent sound quality, it isn’t Bose quality – but it also isn’t Bose pricing either. I like to turn the volume up about 60-75 percent, which is usually good. When I put it on 100 percent, it sounds kind of whiny and the sound quality diminishes quickly. But on the other hand, I guess you really shouldn’t have it on the highest volume when sitting in the cup holder of your golf cart.
All in all, it is a decent buy, it was quick to pair with bluetooth connectivity, the rechargeable battery quickly charged and lasted about 30 hours, but certainly not my top choice for best bluetooth speakers. I would continue to search for a better golf cart speaker if this is one of the accessories you are looking to add in 2020.
JBL Xtreme Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
The JBL Xtreme Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker will guarantee you pure entertainment, wherever you go.
It comes with a huge 10,000 mAh li-ion battery that will keep you charged for up to 15 hours playtime which is pretty average for a golf cart bluetooth speaker. There is a dual charge out micro USB port that will easily keep you and your music going for quite a bit.
Available in blue, black, or red, this splash proof device will keep you listening for hours on the course, a backyard barbecue, indoors, and outdoor events. This does not have a waterproof rating, but a splash proof rating. This bluetooth golf speaker can get wet, but too much water will destroy the sound quality, wireless speaker, usb port, connection and all other technology.
It features noise-reducing and echo-canceling speakers and even allows you to make and receive calls using the bluetooth pairing system. The sound quality is good while talking on the phone, so if you are on the phone and paired with the golf cart speaker, your group is going to hear you.
You can connect this system wirelessly to different speaker systems that are Bluetooth enabled. Then you can really feel the bass, without missing a call. This is easily the best bluetooth speaker with bass, and the bluetooth pairing was pretty easy.
Bose SoundLink Micro Portable Bluetooth Speaker
What makes the Bose SoundLink Micro Portable Bluetooth Speaker system unique is the bass. Remarkably pure and heavy, for its size, you will not leave it behind no matter where you go. Bose always has the best speaker because of the sound quality, and this golf cart speaker is perfect to throw in your cup holder.
The Bose technology employing the newly designed passive radiators and the transducer that is custom mounted is what gives this device that loud and crystal-clear sound indoors or outdoors.
All this from a speaker system that fits in your hand and is made waterproof from inside out. It has a rugged but soft exterior with a silicone strap that is resistant to tearing.
- It attaches easily to your golf cooler or golf cart, and because of this rugged design, you need not worry if it falls off in the sand trap!
- It has a lithium-ion battery with a lifespan of up to 6 hours of playtime.
- It pairs up with your smartphone, android, or tablet via Bluetooth and also has voice prompts.
- It has a built-in speakerphone so you can not only take calls but speak to Siri on the smartphone or google assistant. It even works with Echo Dot giving you total hands-free control via your voice.
- This hands-free control uses the speaker as the microphone and delivers brilliant sound in and out of the speaker.
The Bose Connect app allows you to play in party mode by connecting more than one speaker system to your device. This gives you more sound by playing the same music through each of the speaker systems. Or you can use it as a stereo effect to play the different channels per speaker system.
It comes in various color combinations of the device and strap, and includes the USB cable.
JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Most Convenient For Golf
The unique and ultra-portable JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker is like no other Clip and Play. It is small, ultra-rugged, and produces a surprisingly big sound. The integrated carabiner has been upgraded for durability and clips to your clothing, golf bag, or belt loop. This makes it the perfect companion for any adventure.
Clip 3 is powered by a 1000mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery and is IPX7 waterproof and comes with 10 hours of playtime, allowing you to take your favorite music along wherever you go. With the press of a button, you will receive crystal clear calls due to the built-in noise and echo-canceling speakerphone.
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming -Your tablet or smartphone can stream high-quality sound wirelessly with 10 Hours of Playtime because of the built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery.
- IPX7 Waterproof – No longer will you need to worry about spills, rain, or complete immersion in water.
- Integrated Carabiner – The metal carabiner is fully integrated to protect the speaker from damage and can be easily hooked to your belt loop or golf bag.
- Speakerphone – With the touch of a button, you can get crystal-clear calls using your speaker because of the echo and noise-canceling speakerphone.
- Design – Durable Design With Lifestyle Material
- Rugged – Your speaker is protected during every adventure due to the improved, rugged rubber housing, and durable fabric.
Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST Portable Waterproof Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Speaker
with Hands-Free Amazon Alexa Voice Control
We really liked this one, and it almost was chosen as our best portable speaker with bluetooth, but not designed just for golf. This powerful Bluetooth/Wi-Fi speaker is easy to transport, with hands-free vocal control and a deep 360° sound which gave it nearly perfect sound quality. Amazon Alexa is now included as well, so you and your friends can play tracks, find new tunes and order pizza, etc., just by talking.
This can be done on the move or at home, and calls can be taken without turning the music off when you have a mobile hotspot or Wi-Fi connection. MEGABLAST is tough, water-resistant, and aesthetically pleasing — move from the house party to the dinner party to the golf course with style and swagger. Simply speak it to achieve it, using the Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST.
- Appreciate amazing 360° sounds, wonderful clarity
- Operate the music without your hands, using voice-activated technology and inbuilt Amazon Alexa
- The 100m/330ft Wi-Fi range and 45m/150ft Bluetooth range allows you to travel around easily
- With its’ IP67 rating, MEGABLAST can be submerged in up to one meter of water for half an hour
- Different features can be added, once they are offered on the Ultimate Ears application
Incredible Sound – Our nosiest, largest, and most attractive speaker to date, Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST, has insane power. Playing 360° amazingly rich sounds, with incredible clarity, this Bluetooth/Wi-Fi speaker will supercharge your music wherever you go.
Great Vocal Control — The MEGABLAST from Ultimate Ears has an inbuilt Amazon Alexa. You can simply ask it to play tracks, find new tunes, turn the volume up, locate new eateries – or experience Alexa’s quirky talents. Alexa can be used wherever your speaker is. You just need a mobile hotspot or Wi-Fi.
Your Music Is Neverending — The Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST links straight to the cloud, using Wi-Fi to create an excellent portable speaker. Listen to uninterrupted tracks and a larger selection of music. DJing becomes accessible to everyone. You can take phone calls without turning the music off and ruining the atmosphere as well.
Water-Resistant and Extremely Tough — The MEGABLAST from Ultimate Ears is durable and resistant to water, so it will not break easily. Wherever you want to use it, your music will sound great.
Amazon Basics Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Best Budget Speaker – (For the Price, who cares if you beat it up)
The Amazon Basics Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker packs quite a wallop for such a small piece of equipment.
- It produces a wide range of audio!
- It will resonate with excellent clarity of sound in any small area like a golf cart or kitchen, from its 2.5-watt full-range speakers.
- It offers clear and pure bass even without distortion at the highest volume setting.
This all because of the new technology introduced.
It comes equipped with the latest in Bluetooth tech called 2.1 + EDR tech with speakers that will pair with your laptop, PC, Smartphone, Android, tablet, and any other device that is Bluetooth 2.1 compatible.
It even has an aux cable to connect to non-Bluetooth enabled devices and systems.
With a range of around 33 feet, you can use this to relax in your hammock under a tree on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Stream your music or use your laptop programs to play a self-created jukebox from your very own CD collection.
You can use this when golfing, outdoor parties, and camping. It will also offer beautiful background music in your office to keep you on top of your game.
It comes with all extras like carrying bags and cabling.
With variable speaker colors and design patterns, you can even match your outfit to it and party all day long on the beach and in the park, as long as you do not break any by-laws in your state area as far as noise control goes.
And The Best Golf Cart Bluetooth Speaker Is…
What Are The Best Speakers for Golf Cart?
Portable golf speakers are ideal if you want to listen to music while – hopefully – hitting those pars and birdies. One of the best is the Ampcaddy Bluetooth speaker, which is really easy to attach, simple to set up, and, just as importantly, has excellent sound.
There are no complicated procedures for turning it on, and you don’t need to be a tech expert. Accessing Bluetooth is easy, as is pairing the device, and then it’s as simple as hitting the power button.
I don’t need so much bass that the golf cart shakes, nor do I expect the absolute best quality sound, but that said, the Ampcaddy Bluetooth speaker has excellent sound. Plus, I played two rounds of golf and was able to use it continuously, thanks to the quick charging lithium battery.
Track selection and volume are both controlled easily from the unit, and with Bluetooth, the Ampcaddy connects to any wireless device, including your phone. Your phone can stay in your bag as long as you have your playlist programmed. If you play golf in the rain, as I do, you’ll be happy to hear that the Ampcaddy is weatherproof, and be sure to check out our .
I like the speaker facing inwards towards me, positioned on the side of my golf cart, although others may have different preferences. Another nice feature of the Ampcaddy Bluetooth speaker is the swivel mount, which lets you put the speaker exactly where you want it. It’s a surprisingly simple piece of design, yet extremely useful. When playing, it allows me to talk to my companions and focus on the shot at hand, while listening to music but without being too distracted.
Can you Play Music on the Golf Course?
A lot of people play golf because they see it as relaxing. When someone asks: “Can you play music on the golf course?” the answer is that some courses are less likely to enforce etiquette than others. But, open-air music is generally discouraged in competitive play.
A specific rule of competitive games, rule 14-3a to be exact, insists that extra golf equipment cannot be used to improve stroke performance. If music is considered an artificial psychological aide, then it might fall under the definition of an unacceptable assisting device. It is not quite the same as using a launch monitor or electronics to improve positioning or to determine wind speed, but it can make a decisive impact.
Competitive players do use electronic devices routinely to check on official updates about their game or others. A meditative device is known to have a calming or centering effect. It ultimately boils down to the ruling made by the course owner, general manager, or competition committee.
Playing music out loud is a distraction to other players. It is less intrusive to use a headset, and there are no such prohibitions against listening to closed music while practicing. Stricter rules almost always apply to sponsored games.