- Golf Balls for Distance Reviews
- TaylorMade Distance Plus Golf Balls
- Callaway Golf Supersoft Golf Balls
- Bridgestone Golf e12 Soft Golf Balls
- Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls
- Nitro Ultimate Distance Golf Ball (15 Pack)
- Kaede Max 2 Tone Colored Distance Golf Balls
- Callaway Diablo Tour Golf Balls (12 Pack)
- Titleist Pro V1x Prior Generation Golf Balls
- Callaway Superhot ‘18 Golf Ball
- Srixon Q-Star Tour 2 Golf Balls
- The Best Golf Ball For Distance For 2020 is:…
- Bridgestone Golf e12
If you want to play a golf ball that is going to get you serious distance, you may need to do some testing. Testing various golf balls is something that pros and amateurs can do to optimize their game. There are balls specifically designed to improve distance, accuracy, and performance around the greens. Here we provide you with the best options for choosing a golf ball to increase your distance.
Golf Balls for Distance Reviews
TaylorMade Distance Plus Golf Balls
- Low cost. Half the price of other balls.
- Lightweight. Meant for height and distance, rather than control.
- Designed to help improve the game of mid and high handicappers.
- Iothane cover and is a 2-piece ball.
- Aerodynamic dimple pattern which extends ball flight with low spin and drag.
Callaway Golf Supersoft Golf Balls
- This is an extremely soft golf ball with exceptional distance.
- Low compression and the ball jumps off of the club face.
- Comes in Multiple colors, including green, orange, pink, red, yellow, and white. Great for variety and visibility.
- Soft and light for greater distance and less control.
- Great Price! Expect to pay less than half of high-end balls.
Bridgestone Golf e12 Soft Golf Balls
- Polymer material for distance without sacrificing control and accuracy.
- Proprietary dimple design for reliable aerodynamics and reducing the effects of slices.
- Reasonable price. Higher quality construction and efficacy without sacrificing money.
- Green, yellow, and red color options at a higher price, but equal performance to the basic white variety.
- This ball felt like it stayed in the air just a bit longer when hit well.
Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls
- Reputable brand and high quality.
- Ultimate distance for higher-skilled golfers. Lighter than most other distance golf balls.
- Comes in yellow and white at a similar price. Not as much variety, but provides the visibility if you need it.
- Larger core provides a lightweight without sacrificing your short game.
- It requires greater expertise to keep control on the long drives but compensates with three-piece construction and larger core.
Nitro Ultimate Distance Golf Ball (15 Pack)
- Super cheap. Costs less for a 15 pack of these golf balls than a 12 pack of other models.
- Comes in orange, pink, yellow, and white. The white balls cost even less than the other Nitro Ultimate Distance balls with the same performance.
- Durable balls with cut proof cover
- In terms of economics, this is the most affordable option, bar none.
- Built for absolute distance, rather than control.
- Designed to go farther and higher with uniform dimples.
Kaede Max 2 Tone Colored Distance Golf Balls
- New Luxury make and brand with innovative dimples for exceptional distance.
- More expensive than other golf balls including ProV’s.
- 18% reduction in drag to justify higher price tag.
- Has a patent-pending wool coating, very different than anything else.
- Medium weight with large core. Built for both distance and maximum control, with a wool exterior for greater impact.
- Specialized dimple design from Japan. Reduces the impact of higher weight, providing finesse and distance.
- Every pack comes with red and blue balls for visibility.
Callaway Diablo Tour Golf Balls (12 Pack)
- Core is designed to be firmer on the edges and softer towards the center promoting more spin control.
- More spin with less drag. While many other models are designed to reduce spin, these are specifically designed to improve distance and accuracy with short clubs.
- Larger, heavier core with a softer center. Get more impact out of your shots without sacrificing the control that a light core brings due to a thicker outer edge.
- Unique hexagonal dimple pattern. This design reduces drag while producing more spin.
- Low cost. Slightly less affordable than some of the cheap models.
Titleist Pro V1x Prior Generation Golf Balls
- Optimized for the long and short game. The ProV1x from Titleist Pro V1x is the second of two variations of this model, specially designed for maximum short game and iron club spin while reducing long game spin for greater flight and accuracy.
- Spherical dimple design. They’re heavier than other distance golf ball.
- High flight and exceptional distance.
- The name you can trust in golf balls.
- Designed for Lower handicap golfers.
- High quality, high price. They’re versatile and don’t sacrifice a straight shot.
Callaway Superhot ‘18 Golf Ball
15 Pack, Bold Orange
- By far, the best golf ball for distance, if you want super light. You won’t get nearly as much control, but you will get a whole lot of distance. These require more of an expert’s touch.
- Firmer three-core system. The hexagonal design keeps them in the air longer and also provides more spin and accuracy on shorter shots.
- Color options include green, orange, red, white, and yellow, with orange being right in the middle in terms of price.
Srixon Q-Star Tour 2 Golf Balls
- Great distance with control. These balls are super lightweight.
- Soft inner core with increasing gradient thickness outward.
- Built with a urethane cover, which keeps them from being too stiff and counteracts their light weight.
- More versatile, but not explicitly meant for distance.
- Feature a unique dimple pattern to reduce drag and add lift. Made specifically for an added spin on shorter shots.
The Best Golf Ball For Distance For 2020 is:…
The Srixon Q-Star Tour 2 golf balls is another ball we could recommend because of the tour-caliber urethane cover, and how light they are. These balls will carry a long way based upon the design, but you sacrifice a bit of accuracy with the Srixon which is why it didn’t make the cut as our overall winner.
The Kaede Max 2 Tones tie for second place mostly because of the coolness factor. They’re the perfect weight for an average player and are made of world-class materials. The main reason they place second, however, is their higher price. While their wool exterior and proprietary dimple pattern are entirely worth the value, they’re just priced a bit higher than most people want to spend for a dozen of golf balls.
The Bridgestone Golf e12 soft golf balls demonstrate performance, economy, and ease of use. Order yourself a dozen and see how easily you can land long shots straight on the green!
What is the best golf ball for distance?
To answer this question, we have to consider both distance and control. What does it matter if you get several dozen extra yards if you’re spraying the ball all over the course and missing greens? Some golf balls are manufactured to increase distance with shorter clubs, while others are intended to maximize distance with your driver.
Choosing the best golf ball for distance will come down to your skill level and how your ball comes off of the clubface. We based our decision based on a golfer of medium skill level, with a handicap between 12 and 20.
If we’re looking for the one option that’s going to go the farthest regardless of accuracy, it’s going to be a tossup between the Srixon Q-Star 2s and the Callaway Superhot ‘18s. This based on carry distance and we do sacrifice accuracy a bit with both of these golf balls.
Do Hard or Soft Balls Go Farther?
Aside from weight, to find the best golf ball for distance, we have to look at the actual cores themselves. Soft balls technically go farther, because they’re more elastic and resist less force on impact. Some of the heavier golf balls, such as the Titleist Pro V1x Prior Generations and the Bridgestone Golf e12s, use a three-part core system.
The idea is the larger the core is, the heavier it’s going to be. By making the center softer with increasing thickness outward, you retain some of that softness without ruining the accuracy of your shot. In this case, they might not go farther than a super-light golf ball, but you have a much higher chance of landing on the green.
In short, soft balls go farther.
This may increase spin, and some balls like the TaylorMade Distance Plus are designed to correct that. Other models, such as the Callaway Superhot ‘18s, will increase the drag on shorter shots, so it’s a matter of what kind of shot you’re taking as well. Test and compare a hard and soft golf ball on the green to see if you can feel the difference.
We have done several reviews of golf balls recently, and invite you to check out the best golf balls for beginners, our pick for the best golf balls for amateurs, and low compression golf balls for seniors. We also recently reviewed Polara golf balls. We also started comparing some of the best golf balls on the market including our comparison of the Titleist Pro V1x vs Titleist Pro V1, Golf ball, Snell vs. Vice golf balls, and the TaylorMade TP5 vs. the TaylorMade TP5x and a thorough Review, Callaway Rogue Driver and the Driver, Cobra KING F8 review. Have a golf product or a service you would like us to check out, please be sure to drop us a line.