I completely feel the frustration you are facing on the back nine. If it is true that we grow by facing challenges, then we’ll end up like real conquerors when we overcome the barriers that set us apart from saving par in the short game and lowering our score. And, the best way to do that? Try adding some shots in a golf chipping net.
You see, you might have been watching YouTube videos regularly, working on your posture, equipped yourself with the best higher-lofted Sand wedges, if you don’t put all that theory into practice, it’s all in vain. It’s awesome to hit the course once or twice a week, but it’s simply not enough to reduce those fat and thin shots.
You’ve got it! You need consistency, and consistency comes with practice, and practice makes perfect. It is that easy (at least for some) if you boost your performance with the help of a golf chipping net.
We explored the market to select the best offers, so check the list below to see the best available golf chipping nets.
Best Golf Chipping Net – 2020
Rukket Pop Up Golf Chipping Net
If you take golf seriously, then chances are that Rukket is a familiar name when it comes to golf practice gear. The company is one of the leading in this field, so in this chipping bundle, we can easily notice the blend of experience, quality, and convenience.
It is the kind of net that you’ll take and use anywhere. Sized at only 20 x 25 inches and designed to fold and fit in its own nylon bag, this Rukket Pop Up Golf Chipping Net can easily become your inseparable companion, provided you have the will to dedicate some of your time on it.
The purchase includes 12 foam practice golf balls, which can be of substantial help if you are struggling with your setup and arm control. The net is designed with three targets that are aimed to boost your accuracy with the lob, pitch and chip shots, and side pockets for the misses.
- Small, convenient design and size that fits anywhere
- The bundle includes the chipping net, 12 foam balls, and a carrying bag
- Three targets for mastering accuracy
- Waterproof and sturdy design for indoors and outdoors use
- Different colors to choose from
- Too flimsy to be used with real balls
- More expensive compared to similar products
- The supporting rods might not be strong enough for windy weather
Goplus Pop-Up Golf Chipping Net
Not considerably different from our winner, Goplus is another convenient and portable golf chipping net, aimed to help your short game on the green. The waterproof design allows you to use it inside and outside without compromising the quality of the net.
One of the things I loved about this net is the quick-to-set design, which literally means you have it all done in a minute or two. Three included nails provide a secure fit when placed outdoors during windy conditions. It takes seconds to fold it back again and put it in the carrying back that goes with it, ensuring convenient storage and transport.
The net is made from durable oxford cloth, and it has three targets to practice the pitch, lob, and chip shots with side pockets for the missed shots.
- Lightweight, durable and easy to transport
- It can be used indoors and outdoors (27 x 27 x 23)
- Option to fix its position with three ground nails
- Three targets to practice accuracy and side pockets for the misses
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Comes with a carrying bag
- It can easily collapse if you use it with real balls or if your shot is more powerful
Galileo Chipping Net
Galileo Golf Chipping Net offers a lot of bang for your buck, making it a perfect option for those golfers on a budget. It offers decent quality for the money without compromising the quality. It is only 20 inches high and features a 9 inches wide target, making it is one of the smallest on the market, which could be a problem for beginners. On the other hand, it might be an extra boost for those who love a challenge.
The circular design centers the single target in the middle, while the rest of it functions as an area for errant shots. Even though this chipping net provides just basic functionality, when used consistently, it can greatly improve your accuracy and shave a few strokes off your score.
The easy-to-assemble pop-up, patented design with poles that remain attached, makes it easy to fold, unfold, and position everywhere you think it is convenient for you to practice.
- Small, compact, foldable and portable
- Patented, pop-up design with permanent poles
- Circular design and surrounding triple-stack pockets for mishits
- Affordable price
- Not recommended to practice with real balls as it might collapse
- There’s only one target
- Smaller than the average chipping nets
JEF World of Golf Collapsible Chipping Net
What I like about this chipping net is its sturdy and larger design, which promises enhanced stability. This is particularly convenient for those golfers who insist on having the real feel, i.e., to use real balls instead of foam ones. Yet, it perfectly works with foam ones as well, which is recommended for use indoors.
When it is unfolded and ready to use, its frame has a 23-inch diameter, and it resembles circular baskets one within another, each larger than the other. The smallest, white ring is the key target that requires the utmost precision, the yellow features medium difficulty, and the black outer ring is the widest and easiest. Designed like this, it allows you to practice different short game shots.
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Larger design, convenient for all skill levels
- Three differently sized circular targets for more accuracy
- Can be used with real balls
- It doesn’t come with a storage bag
- The net is quite loosely attached
- It is much higher than you’d normally expect
Spornia XL Pro SPG-7
For visual learners out there, Spornia has a very convenient design that provides a better visual field and helps you with the setup. When you set it up, you’ll notice the red target lines accompanied with square white lines that act as an alignment guide for the missed shots.
Along with the net, the bundle includes 5 elastic lanyards, which beginners could find useful in setting up their posture and developing muscle memory. Plus, with the added 4 tee claws, you can use real tees if you have an artificial mat.
What I’d like to point out is the flag that is advertised as a convenience for this net. Mind you, though, that it can only be used if you use it on a grass surface. However, there’s no base for hard surfaces.
- Larger sized chipping net (30″ x 30″)
- It gets folded and unfolded in less than a minute
- It is designed lower to the ground to practice bumps and runs
- Sturdy and stable design
- It comes with a carry bag
- You can practice with real balls
- The provided flag can only be inserted into grass
- The larger design might not be the preferred choice for better golfers
Callaway Chip-Shot Chipping Net
The short game is all about control and precision, so this 26″ square Callaway net with three vertical targets is one more option to consider. Made of sturdy, durable, but lightweight material, it is easy to transport, store, and set it up indoors or outdoors.
The three targets allow you to precisely dial in the aim from different angles and distances with bump-and-run chip shot types. As a matter of fact, depending on the distance and the position, you can use it to master various approaching-the-green shots.
When you no longer need it, it collapses to a 10.5 diameter and can be hung on a nail as it becomes very flat.
- Made from a lightweight but sturdy material
- You can use real or foam balls
- Three vertical targets to practice short game shots
- Compact, 26-inch square design that is easy to set up or collapse
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Guaranteed Callaway quality
- It might be too small and frustrating for beginner golfers
- It is not advisable to leave it permanently outdoors
SKLZ Quickster Chipping Golf Net
When designing their chipping net, SKLZ had the golfer who develops in mind. The design of this chipping net varies from what we have seen so far, as it is developed to appeal beginner golfers and challenge their potential.
The chipping net consists of a fabric base that has three differently sized net holes. The largest one is positioned on the upper part, while the other two are smaller and are located below it, one next to another, offering targeted precision.
The patented steel and fiberglass frame makes it fairly lightweight and easy to assemble. What you might find odd is the instability of the construction, particularly if you are playing with real balls or if your shots are powerful.
- 3 differently-sized targets with ball slots
- Patented steel and fiberglass frame
- It can be used with foam and real balls
- Instability issues, particularly during windy weather or when using real balls
- The mesh and the stitching seem to be of a low quality
- Low-quality control check
- It looks flimsy