- Top 5 Best Golf push carts Reviewed
- BagBoy Nitron Golf Push Cart
- Tangkula Golf PushCart Swivel Foldable 3 Wheel Push Pull Cart
- Qwik-Fold 3 Wheel Push Pull Golf CART
- Clicgear Model 3.5+ Golf Push Cart
- Caddymatic Golf 360° SwivelEase 3 Wheel Folding Golf Cart
- Cube CART 3 Wheel Push Pull Golf CART
- CaddyTek Explorer V8
- GYMAX 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart
- The Best Golf Push Cart For 2020 is…
- BagBoy Nitron Golf Push Cart
We are in some very interesting times right now. The Coronavirus has caused all kinds of havoc to our world. Hopefully, you and your family are healthy and safe. If you are even luckier, you can also play golf now at your favorite course. Although many courses have remained open, they are not allowing Golf carts as this time and instead ask that you walk. That is probably why you found this site because the idea of walking sounds great, but you are not sure you can carry your bag for 18 holes. No problem…..we can help you out.
If you are looking for a great push cart, there are a few things you should really be on the look out for. You want to make sure you have a push cart that is durable, is easy to push, can secure you bag along with items like your cell phone, Umbrella, scorecard, and a drink. You will likely want to find a cart that is easy to push, is light, and can be put together and taken down very quickly. We didn’t want you to have to deal with any more stress, so we reviewed the best Golf Push Carts of 2020 and laid them out for you here. If you are impatient and just want our top pick, you can check that out here. Otherwise, here is what we found for you.
What Are The Best Golf Push Carts?
We have done the research and looked at the remote controlled wheel golf cart, and we used the 3 wheel golf push cart, the navigator push cart and tested using our cart bag, staff bags, and our carry bags. We reviewed the big brands like Bag Boys Express, Caddyteck Caddylite, Sun Mountain, Pinemeadow golf courier, Spin It Golf and Superlite Deluxe. We want to help you find the best cart on the market. We aren’t digging into the electric cart in this review, we are sticking to the push pull cart variety that will carry your fairway woods, irons, golf cooler and drinks. We only stick to the important stuff here.
Top 5 Best Golf push carts Reviewed
BagBoy Nitron Golf Push Cart
We really like the BagBoy Nitron Golf Push Cart for so many different reasons. What you will notice right away is how easy it sets up and how easy it is to break down. It is less than a minute to do both before and after your round. Hit a button and pop your golf bag on it and away you go. The cart has Nitron Piston Technology which means when you open it up….it is powered by Nitrogen. Very smooth.
The entire console is setup extremely well and there seems to be room for everything you will need. There is space for balls, your cell phone, score card, your beer or other beverage, and a very large accessory bag underneath the console. Whatever you have in your pockets when you get to the course is going to fit in this accessory bag. We thought this was thought out very well.
The BagBoy Nitron Golf Push Cart is very compact and will fit in your trunk. It is easy to maneuver around the course and the hand brake works well. We never worried about our bag tipping over or falling out with this push cart. It is extremely solid.
Overall the BagBoy is built well from a name you can trust in the industry. We would not hesitate to buy this push cart and walk the course with it every time we play. It has the appropriate number of bells and whistles and is easy to push which is one of our most important factors when choosing a push cart. We may spoil the surprise now, but this is the Best golf push cart of 2020!
- Super Simple two-step fold – You can put this cart away in seconds.
- Push-button open with a Nitrogen powered opener.
- Full-feature console with golf ball storage holder, mobile phone holder, integrated beverage holder, mobile device holder.
- Extra large accessory bag under scorecard console for storage
- Handle mounted parking brake.
- Easy to assemble in less than 5 minutes.
- Umbrella holder that is convenient and out of the way.
- A little bit of play in the handle assembly. Didn’t feel tight but was still durable.
- Wheels don’t roll as well as some others because of the size.
Tangkula Golf PushCart Swivel Foldable 3 Wheel Push Pull Cart
This three-wheel push or pull golf trolley comes with a convenient button for adjusting the handle height, a scorecard holder for handy scorekeeping, a bottle holder to stay hydrated, leather padded seat for when you need to rest, hanging hook to hold your bags, brakes on the rear wheels, and an umbrella holder to keep you dry or out of the sun. The ergonomic handle design, ease of use, and the padded seat make this pushcart stand out from the rest.
- The frame is made of steel for a light, yet sturdy construction.
- It is very easy to assemble.
- The rear wheels have rear parking brakes so you can park your bags anywhere without them rolling off to the next hole.
- All three wheels are removable, and the frame folds up for compact storage.
- Ergonomic handle with four handle positions that work easily for both right and left-handed people.
- Smooth ball bearings make it very easy to either push or pull all around the course whether you are on flat ground or hilly terrain.
- Comes in three color options.
- The bottom latch that is designed to keep the cart locked upright occasionally slides down, allowing the cart to collapse while moving.
- After walking just a few holes, the umbrella holder can come loose and must be retightened.
- The parking brake is difficult to disengage, especially for people with short legs.
- There is an issue with the balance of the cart, which allows it to tip over easily.
- The parking brake is only on one wheel which means if parked on a hill, it can spin in circles around that wheel.
- There is no space to hang things from because the attached hook is too small and not functional.
Qwik-Fold 3 Wheel Push Pull Golf CART
Foot Brake – ONE Second to Open & Close!
This cart wows customers by having an adjustable handle for golfers of different heights, wheels with ball bearings to ensure a smooth ride on all-terrain, aluminum frame for a strong and featherweight design, umbrella holder to provide shade on those hot days, and quick folding design to fold in just one second. It is available in five different colors to match the style and personality of each golfer, or get one for each outfit!
- The frame is made from aluminum for a light, easy construction.
- Once assembled, it is very easy to open and close.
- Folds up extremely compact to fit in tight storage spaces.
- Five unique color choices give golfers the ability to personalize their cart to match their bags, personality, and style.
- To collapse the cart, you have to remove your bag of clubs. This means you then have two items to store: the folded cart and the bag.
- The front-wheel does not swivel which makes steering difficult
- The cart tends to drift to the left, which makes constant steering and correction necessary.
- The cart is too top-heavy with a narrow wheelbase which potentially makes it easy to topple over on uneven ground.
- There is no place to store a scorecard, seat, or other personal items.
Clicgear Model 3.5+ Golf Push Cart
This cart sports a handle mounted hand brake for easy braking when you are ready to park your cart, cup holder so you can always stay hydrated, full console with pre-existing ball, pencil, and tee compartments so everything you need is in one convenient location, storage net, umbrella mount to provide shade from the heat of the day, bag straps to keep your bag securely fastened, adjustable bag holder to make room for bags of all sizes, and a moveable front wheel alignment system.
- This cart comes with eight different colors to choose from allowing for amazing customization.
- There are a lot of add-on items available that are made specifically for the Clicgear carts.
- The solid rubber wheels provide great traction without having to be continuously refilled. This means no more flat tires on the course or sliding down hills sideways with plastic wheels!
- It is more expensive than other models.
- The mechanism that helps open and close the cart can be tricky sometimes and requires a learning curve for the new owner.
- Unfortunately, it does not fold down very compactly. It is still fairly large when it is folded.
- The cart contains convenient bag straps intended to hold your bag in place, but these straps have to be adjusted a lot and can sometimes be seen just dangling down with your bag completely loose.
- This cart could be hard to maneuver in and out of the car for those who do not have good upper body strength.
Caddymatic Golf 360° SwivelEase 3 Wheel Folding Golf Cart
We really liked the Caddymatic Golf 360° SwivelEase because of the ease of maneuverability. It has a front wheel that is freely rotating 360°. This thing turns on a dime from anywhere on the golf course, and it requires very little effort to do so.
The Caddymatic Golf 360° SwivelEase 3 Wheel Folding Golf Cart comes with an upgraded handle unit, which has a ball holder, drink holder, a dedicated spot for your umbrella, place for your scorecard, and a very large extra-wide handle for securing your grip. The whole cart folds up in seconds to an incredible size, and also has quick release wheels for even tighter storage.
The CaddyMatic has 360 Front Wheel/Foot Brake/Ball Bearing Wheels/Upgraded Handle/ and is made with Aluminum Construction. There is not a hand brake on this unit. You use a foot brake on the rear wheel to keep the unit in place. For the price, we really liked this Push Cart.
Cube CART 3 Wheel Push Pull Golf CART
Two Step Open/Close – Smallest Folding Lightweight Golf CART in The World – Choose Color!
The favorite features of this cart include an easy ergonomic handle with adjustable height positions for golfers of all sizes, umbrella holder to provide shade on hot days, oversized rubber wheels to reduce friction and never leave you with a flat tire, drink holder to help you stay hydrated, scorecard holder, accessory compartment, tee holders, extra ball holders, foot-operated parking brake for easy parking, adjustable bag supports, easy to put together, and six great colors to choose from.
- This cart is easy to adjust to fit the size and needs of each individual golfer.
- This cart fits a range of bag sizes to accommodate a wide range of golfers. Whether you are looking for one to fit your adult-sized bag, or a cart to fit your child’s junior-sized bag, this cart can adjust to fit those.
- This cart folds up very small. It has been tested to fit in some of the smallest trunks like that of a Mazda Miata.
- This cart is extremely easy to fold up with its two-step folding system.
- This cart is very easy to put together. You only have to attach the two rear wheels, and then you are ready to hit the course!
- This cart has great versatility, as it can be either pushed or pulled along the course for your ease and comfort.
- Some users of this cart have noted that it has the potential to break easily after only a couple uses.
- This cart is slightly pricey, but has been said to be worth the money.
CaddyTek Explorer V8
Superlite 4 Wheel Golf Push Cart, Explorer Version 8
This cart stands out from the rest because it has four wheels for balance and stability, two latch mechanism allows the cart to be folded into a compact size in just two steps, adjustable handle for golfers of all shapes and sizes, the two front wheels can be adjusted to fit any sized golf bag with great stability, foot brake, umbrella holder to provide shade on those hot days, storage compartment with mesh net has plenty of room and holds your drink, cell phone, GPS, and scorecard. It comes in three colors.
- The foot brake on this bag is very easy to use, which means your bag won’t be rolling away from you at each hole.
- This cart is very simple to open and close, which means there is not a steep learning curve.
- This cart is light, which means it gets in and out of the trunk easier and requires less energy to push around the course.
- This cart comes with an insulated pouch to keep drinks cool.
- This cart has four wheels which makes it very stable and gives it good maneuverability over may types of terrain.
- This cart folds up without having to remove your bag, which means you don’t have to store two items.
- Older versions of this cart had one button that both opened and closed it, so the two-step mechanism may seem more difficult if you are used to the way the old carts functioned.
- Some of the parts of the cart are plastic, which means they may not last very long after multiple uses.
- This cart has plastic bag clips intended to hold your bag in place, but they are difficult to use, which may leave the bag loose with the potential to tip over easily.
- This cart folds up without having to remove the bag which is generally a good thing, but it may be too big to fit in some trunks with the bag still attached.
GYMAX 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart
The golf push cart by GYMAX is designed with convenience in mind. The first thing I noticed is that this 3-wheel golf cart is very easy to set up and fold, and it’s definitely convenient to carry it with you around the golf course. The cart is pretty lightweight, and the three wheels are removable, making it additionally suitable for storage.
This golf cart comes with a cup holder, built-in storage space, and a scoreboard when it comes to features. It has an umbrella holder, too, so you can easily protect yourself from UV rays during hot summer days.
I have to admit that I really liked the detachable seat stool. At first, it seems like you won’t be using it a lot, but it’s convenient when you are taking short breaks or waiting for someone to finish their game.
Overall, this product delivered everything I expected. It’s easy to assemble, convenient to pull and push around, and affordable, considering all the given features. Great product!
- A 3-wheel golf push cart with adjustable height and ergonomic handle.
- Durable, stable, and safe. It has brakes on rare wheels that ensure your cart doesn’t slide or fall once positioned.
- The lightweight design makes it easy to carry around, set up, and fold.
- Easy to store.
- It has built-in storage space, a cup holder, and a scoreboard.
- It has one detachable seat stool that doesn’t take a lot of space.
- The seat has to be removed to fold the cart
The Best Golf Push Cart For 2020 is…
What to Look For When Choosing A Golf pushcart
Pushcarts vary widely across the market. With a simple Google search, you can find carts in the under $100 range up to the motorized carts that cost over $1000. While the price is a limiting factor for some or most people, there are some other important aspects of the cart to be considered.
First, you need to decide if you are going to push your cart or pull it. If you are going to pull it, you need to find one with either two or three wheels, and if you are going to push it, make sure to get a three-wheeled cart. However, the most important thing about their wheels is their size to make sure they will be able to handle rough terrain.
Another important thing to consider is the braking capabilities. There is nothing worse than being distracted from your next swing because you have to chase after your cart that is rolling down the hill. Brakes vary widely between the different carts and can be either foot brakes, hand brakes, or a mixture of both.
A third, but not the final thing to consider is how much space there is to hold your extra needs, such as a cooler to keep that cold one ready for you, a place to put your phone so it doesn’t fall out on the green, a place to hold your scorecard, tees, and extra balls, a place for an umbrella, and anything else you may need out on the course.
Why Do I Need a Golf pushcart?
Many golfers, especially men, find themselves wondering why they should use a cart anyway. They are plenty of golfers that have prided themselves in carrying their bags throughout the entire course as a form of exercise. While this is honorable, carrying your bags could be hurting your golf game and leading to an overall higher score.
There are two main reasons to use a Golf push cart, and neither one is out of laziness. The first reason is that a Pushcart reduces fatigue, letting you play a better Golf game for longer, and the second reason is that it reduces chances for injury.
Sports Chiropractor, Dr. Josh Nelson, wrote an article on the Titleist website where he warned about the dangers that carrying a bag can have on spine, shoulder, knee, and ankle health.
It is important to note that carrying a bag only burns three more calories than using a pushcart, which begs the question: are three calories worth the potential injuries that could sideline you from future play?
Golf pushcart vs Golf pull cart
Now that you are even considering using a push cart for Golf, you might find articles that talk about pushing or pulling a cart, but you aren’t sure about the difference, or what is better. This brings us to the two-wheel versus three or four-wheel controversy. Pushcarts with two wheels are meant to be pulled behind the golfer, while those with three or four wheels are intended to be pushed in front. When golfers Pull a cart, they have to contort their back and shoulder unnaturally. This can lead to strain and fatigue, thus raising your chances of the same injuries we are trying to prevent by not carrying your bag. Pushing a cart, however, requires the same motion as walking that golfers already do, which means it can lead to less fatigue than carrying their clubs or pushing a cart. So, we would argue that Pushing is the best way to go.
Why some Golfers dislike Push carts
There is a lot of controversy over using a Golf pushcart while golfing. Many people who are part of the “old guard” of golfers feel that it looks ridiculous and isn’t real golfing if you are pushing around your clubs. This was especially prevalent after the 2018 NCAA championships where professional Golfers ridiculed the young, college men for pushing around their clubs.
When golfers at Iowa State were interviewed, they had mixed feelings towards using the Push carts as well. The golfers from the United States were against it because they didn’t feel they needed it, and those from other countries said they would gladly use the pushcart to gain any possible advantage. One Spanish teammate, Scott Fernandez, said, “I figure the more relieved you are, the more rested you are, the better.”
As you can see if the collegiate athletes who are in prime shape see the benefits of using a pushcart to get any advantage they can in their golf game, it is acceptable for you to do the same!
We are hope you are staying safe as we all deal with the Coronavirus and the rules for sheltering in place. During this time, we are reviewing as many products as possible to help you get ready for the upcoming season. If you walked into our office now, you would see a number of hitting Mats, Golf ready, people walking around wearing a Bucket hat, in the latest Shoe, Comfort being the main requirement, along with a Travel golf bag filled with a Beginner sand wedge, a Hybrid club, several Aids for training, a NX7 Precision Pro rangefinder that we intend to give as a Gift, Mother’s Day is right around the corner. We also have a big image on the wall detailing every Rule, Golf card game has been extremely popular during the virus. We hope to continue to provide you with great reviews of the Hottest products available on the market for 2020.
What Are The Best Golf Push Carts?
We have done the research and looked at the remote-controlled wheel golf cart, and we used the 3 wheel golf push cart, the navigator push cart and tested using our cart bag, staff bags, and our carry bags. We reviewed the big brands like Bag Boys Express, Caddyteck Caddylite, Sun Mountain, Pinemeadow golf courier, Spin It Golf and Superlite Deluxe. We want to help you find the best cart on the market. We aren’t digging into the electric cart in this review, we are sticking to the push pull cart variety that will carry your fairway woods, irons, golf cooler and drinks. We only stick to the important stuff here.