The Yeti is the OG when it comes to high-end coolers. Since Yeti exploded onto the cooler scene with a “cult-like” following, many copycats and imitators tried to tap into the cooler market. There is good reason to consider buying from the Original, and that is simply because they still create an amazing product.
If you typically throw a few sodas, or a couple of beers, in a cooler to keep them cold for an hour or so, then any cooler or bag of ice will probably do the trick. But if you want to open each beer and have it as ice cold as the last, and you want to keep 12 beers cold with plenty of ice, then the Yeti Hopper is the cooler to consider.
We like the Yeti Hopper Flip for several reasons, other than just keeping our beers cold. It also provides:
- Easy in and out for fast beverage retrieval
- Comfortable carry strap
- Yeti has expanded the colors to 13.
- Made of ColdCell Insulation, the foam inside the Hopper provides excellent cold holding ability.
- Holds up to 12 beers and ice. If you need to sneak in a couple more, you can be creative.
- The Yeti Flip is 100% leakproof.
- Solid construction with zippers used on scuba gear and materials made from HazMat suits.
- Wide mouth opening at the top of the cooler for easy in and out.
- Shell is waterproof and resists punctures, abrasions, and mildew.
- Built for the outdoors with the ability to keep drinks cold for days, not just hours.
- Weighs just over 3 pounds for easy transport
We like the Yeti Hopper Flip for golf because we have put beers in this cooler on several occasions, on 95 degree days, and played a round. By the time we get to 18, every time, without question, we have more ice left in the cooler than beer.
We are saying that the ice will sit in our Yeti Hopper in the blazing sun in the back of our golf cart, and still provide us with ice cold beers time after time. This cooler simply keeps stuff cold, and ice lasts for days.
Some people have reported issues with the cooler, other than the high price tag. While some buy and realize that the quality of the Yeti is easily worth the price, others think it is insane to spend hundreds of dollars to keep $2 beers cold. We don’t judge. We just have no problem investing in ice cold beverages.
The zipper appeared to be an issue for many buyers. First, you must make sure you use the lubricant that comes with the Yeti to keep the zipper loose and easy to open and close. Because of the air-tight seal with the zipper, it is very tight, and you must use the lubricant, or you will have issues.
There is a warranty with all Yeti coolers, and in our opinion, like all other Yeti products, the Yeti Hopper Flip is a great product – worth the investment.